Tuesday, May 16, 2006

My Life In Song

Put your media player onto shuffle, and let it answer the following questions for you:
Stolen from
Rob & his missus, and tagged by Melly.


How does the world see me?
”Smile” – Dianne Reeves “you could smile away the storm clouds” – it’s for sure the way I’d like the world to see me.

Will I have a happy life?
”Si tu supieras” – Alejandro Fernandez Translates as “if you knew.” If indeed !

What do my friends really think of me?
”Solitaire” – The Carpenters. They obviously know me too well.

Do people secretly lust after me?
”Ice Cream” – Sarah McLachlan “better than ice-cream, better than anything else I’ve ever tried.” Really ?

How can I make myself happy?
”Et j’attends” (and I wait) – Leslie. Now that’s seriously depressing.

What should I do with my life?
”Devil’s right hand” – Steve Earle (“Brokeback Mountain” soundtrack), Now the song is about a pistol – that last one wasn’t that depressing. Or maybe cos its from “Brokeback” it just means I should go out and find me a cowboy ( mmmm . . . . Jake !)

Will I ever have children?
”Goodbye My Lover” – James Blunt. I would take that as a resounding no.

What is some good advice for me?
”What About Me”- Moving Pictures. Oh Boy! Melly if they sent out the email at work today you’ll understand just how much this one freaks me out !

How will I be remembered?
”Somewhere My Love”Andy Williams (theme from Dr Zhivago). Errrmmmm, I hate to say it but it kinda fits. Always hoping. And no, I’m NOT ashamed this is on my playlist.

What is my signature song?
”Canta corazon” (the heart sings) – Alejandro Fernandez.

What type of men/women do I like?
”Flying Purple People Eater” – Sheb Woolley. Ohh gimme a break! This thing is out to get me.

What is my day going to be like?
”Starting Here, Starting Now” – Barbra Streisand. “the greatest journey heaven can allow.” I swear I’m not fiddling this

What do I think my current theme song is?
”These Walls” – Teddy Geiger “everything seemed OK when I started out the other day, now the rain came pouring down and I’m drowning in my fears” Hits the nail right on the head today.

What does everyone else think my current theme song is?
”Blackbird” – Sarah Mclachlin. Yeah, figures. They would.

What song will play at my funeral?
”Ti Amo” (I Love You) – Umberto Tozzi It’d be OK so long as everyone sang along – even nicer if they meant it.

1 comment:

Mel said...

I love it - didn't get to listen or read this earlier, as you know - it was hell .. but very nicely done - and Yes Yes Yes 'What About Me' indeed.