Sunday, January 22, 2006


Mighty Kong

Way too hot today, and a last-minute change of plans left me with the not very attactive prospect of sweltering in my hot little house, so I took myslef off to hide from the heat at the movies.
King Kong was the choice. Who'd have thought that little old film could have been turned into such a wonderful three hours ! And thank God nobody gave too much away.
The CGI is awesome, Kong himself is so real. I wanted to cheer when he finally got one of those blasted airplanes, then wanted to shout at the reporters when they were clambering over his body at the end. Several nice nods to specific films snuck in along the way too.
Get the feeling I loved it? You bet. A must-have for the DVD collection, but so glad I saw it on the big screen.

1 comment:

Mel said...

I am SO FREAKING HAPPY you saw it on the big screen - it's a must have - I can't wait for the 20 disc edition - heheh, sigh.
And I'll bring cookies tomorrow...