Saturday, November 05, 2005

"Puter Blues

My computer has for the last few months been showing all the signs of terminal illness.Finally got a clue the other day, when it told me that something called RNApp was not responding. Apparently that is something in Windows that has something to do with the internet - which is what was actually dying, at increasingly shorter periods of time. A bit like drawing last breath really. When it got down to dumping me after 90seconds online, I figured it was time for action - radical surgery, or overdue euthenasia.To be honest I figured most of the problem was that Iwas still on ME - nice to use except notoriously unstable.
So, after asking around a bit I tracked down a copy of XP.
Nearly two hours to install it.Noticeable inprovement in general performance. So far so good.
Tried to log on to the Internet. Ninety minutes later established my Modem (yup, to make it worse I'm still on dial-up) is not compatible with XP.
Why did I bother I wonder?

No comments: