Tuesday, November 29, 2005


'puter blues #2

On-going saga; not the modem, as suspected, just a shortage of memory (do computers take after their owners like dogs do ?)
So last week, RDO, beautiful sunny day, decided to take the hour's walk to the recommended computer shop to pick up extra memory for my ailing computer.
Seriously nice day for a good walk, although the long steep hill at the end was a little unexpected. Fortunately I was going downhill, but the thought of climbing back up was a little daunting.
25 minute wait in line at the computer store. Lots of interesting looking boxes with all sorts of stuff I don't understand in them - exciting graphics on the boxes too that always seem to imply immense speed and excitement.
Finally get to one of the men at the desk, only to be told, ever-so-gently, that memory is no longer available. Perhaps a swap-meet . . . .Not what I wanted to hear.
I decided that hill was definitely too steep to be climbed. There is a railway station right next to the store . . . . hmm . . . dammitt, I'm feeling frustrated and there is money in my pocket and the city shops area only 20 minutes away.Train trips on previously undiscovered parts of the rail network are always interesting.
The city was a series of small accidents - namely 2 CDs and 2 DVDs.
I still have an ailing computer, but I sure benefited from a little retail therapy.

2 comments:

Mel said...

Simon you need to post a new post - Please ... :)
Miss ya!

Anonymous said...

We have tried all sorts of acne treatments and we decided to stick to acnezine. We have seen incredible results. We have tested many treatments here at AcnezineReviews.com and for now it's the only effective treatment that we truly reccomend. Brian Kane from AcnezineReviews.com