Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Standing at the bus stop this morning. Middle-aged lady comes up, puts her shopping bag down on the seat, looks around, and asks;
“Is this the bus-stop?”
“Yes.”
Fifteen second pause.
“It’s not the station?”
No, it’s the bus stop.”
Thirty second pause.
“You’re SURE it’s not the station?”
“Yes – the station is up the road where the train goes, this is the bus-stop.”
Lady turns away, muttering, shaking her head. Eats a banana (I’m not kidding) occasionally loking at me and shaking her head. Obviously doesn’t believe me. I feel like reminding her you need train tracks for a train . . . .
The bus comes. She looks relieved, but I get one more scowl from her as she boards the bus.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is this a cafe'? wheres the coffee?
hehehehe

Crazy people are funny :)