Thursday, December 29, 2005

Post Xmas

Well, I survived it all.
The family Xmas was so much better for not being held On The Day. No kids feeling pulled between separated parents and grandparents. i think that it was made the difference. Everyone relaxed and happy, and everyone actually there for once. The family do is one that is always worse for me in anticipation, the actual occasion usually goes fairly painlessly - usually. There have been exceptions, and thankfully this year was not one.
The first of the orphan's christmases - the big one, On The Day, was among the best ever. Just old friends, good food, great wine (and plenty of it) and conversation on every topic under the sun. One of those days that reminds you why we have friends, and how treasured they become the longer we manage to keep them.
The second orphan's Christmas - well, it was always expected to be a bit trashier than the rest. Spent most of the day with a pregnant Jack Russell asleep on my lap - sweet. Didn't interfere with drinking or conversation or flirting. ( As if !)

So, now the end of the year is near - frighteningly close in fact. haven't started on my end of year retrospective, that's usually a New Years Day thing for me. Want to get tomorrow - last day of work for the year - out of the way before I allow myself to look at what has - and hasn't been, achieved.

1 comment:

Mel said...

Surviving it all is the sweetest morsel of all - I'm so happy you had a good time, and I miss you! I've grown accustomed to your face, your voice... :)
Your end of year retrospective should be a positive one, you're a good person and you live your life in a decent way - and that, my friend, automatically qualifies you for good karma next year and every year after. Happy New year to you and Barney, two of the most blessed souls ever. Much love, Mel & the boy.